Who was `Abdu'l-Bahá, and why did He come to the West?


Monday, April 29, 2013

April 27, 1913 more children . . .

Earl Redman writes: 

On 27 April ‘Abdu’l-Bahá greeted a number of children brought to Him. He loved children and they loved Him. One child, when later asked to pray for the Master’s health, responded by saying he didn’t want ‘Abdu’l-Bahá’s health to improve because then He would go away.



This reminds me of the Minneapolis/St. Paul story in which a little boy says to 'Abdu'l-Bahá (upon meeting Him): "I love you first and then my father."  Amazing how children were attracted. 

My favorite story about a child is about Jimmy Loft, a four-year-old Mohawk boy, who was sitting on a fence post in Canada when 'Abdu'l-Bahá's train passed. The Master stood and waved at the boy, who was so surprised, he fell off the fence post. Years later--I think about 40--he saw a photo of 'Abdu'l-Baha and recognized it--and became the first Mohawk Baha'i. 


No comments:

Post a Comment